ACC Online Learning
ABOUT THE 2020 ACC VIRTUAL AIRPORTS TECHNICAL WORKSHOP (ATW)
The 2020 ACC Virtual Airports Technical Workshop will provide participants with online general sessions, technical breakouts, and networking opportunities with industry subject matter experts and FAA decision makers.
Addressing key airport technical issues, representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) are participating along with leading airport consultants to discuss and review aviation-related technical regulatory issues.
Two workshop tracks - available to all attendees - will cover the latest in airport design, engineering, planning, and environmental topics. Additionally, general sessions will feature discussions about the latest on FAA’s response to the COVID-19 disruptions to aviation, the CARES Act stimulus funding, impacts on airport capital development programs, and more.
At the end of the 2020 ACC Virtual Airports Technical Workshop, participants will be able to:
• Summarize current FAA policy on new approach and departure procedures and identify possible changes to planning and design issues including airfield markings and layouts.
• Discuss key changes in the new version of FAA Advisory Circular 150-5300-13B Airport Design, and how current and future projects would be impacted.
• Explain the updated standards in airfield design and construction and discuss how their changes have affected new and ongoing airfield work.
• Describe FAA’s process in collecting airport and aeronautical data to meet the demands of the Next Generation National Airspace System.
• Recognize federal efforts to streamline the airport planning and environmental process, changes effected and timeline impacts for capital program development.
• Report on several ongoing issues and policy changes within the industry including the effects of PFAS on the environment, community impacts of noise at airports and noise management policy, and changes to environmental grants.
• Apply best practices in following FAA policy on airport forecasting methods including the facility implications and define best practices.
• Identify the changes taking place in the industry due to climate change and how airports and the overall aviation industry is working to prepare for and accommodate any affects.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|