ACC Online Learning
ACC Airfield Pavement Design, Evaluation & Analysis Workshop / March 10-12, 2020 / Raleigh, North Carolina
SOLD OUT - Due to significant interest, the March 2020 workshop is sold out.
The three-day ACC Airfield Pavement Design, Evaluation and Analysis Workshop will provide participants with a comprehensive and hands-on introduction to airfield pavement design; airfield pavement types and pavement performance; subgrade soils and granular materials; aircraft traffic; flexible and rigid pavement design; current airfield pavement-related research; rigid pavement thickness design; rigid pavement design details; pavement design for airfield shoulders; overlay design; pavement evaluation and overlay considerations; ACN-PCN background and concepts; and PCN approach and determination for rigid and flexible pavements.
At the conclusion of this ACC workshop, participants will be able to:
• Explain the methodology behind rigid and flexible pavement design, evaluation and repair.
• Apply subgrade, materials, and aircraft characteristic inputs to complete pavement designs and analyses using FAARFIELD 1.42.
• Calculate PCN values for rigid and flexible pavements using COMFAA.
• Describe the different types of HMA and PCC overlay designs.
• Use characteristics of existing pavements and FAARFIELD’s overlay design procedures to develop overlays of rigid and flexible pavements.
• David G. Peshkin, P.E., Vice President/Chief Engineer, Applied Pavement Technology, Inc.
• Monty Wade, P.E., President, Applied Pavement Technology, Inc.
• Doug Johnson, P.E., Civil Engineer – Pavement, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), AAS-100
Log-in to your- or create an - ACC Training Hub user account. Then register for the workshop here in the Training Hub.
Hotel and Ground Transportation
The 2020 ACC Airfield Pavement Design, Evaluation and Analysis Workshop will be held at the Embassy Suites Raleigh Crabtree Hotel, 4700 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh, NC 27612. The ACC discounted hotel room rate is $159+ per night, and the deadline to obtain the ACC discounted rate is Monday, February 17, 2020.
Accommodations rates are available at the Embassy Suites Raleigh Crabtree Hotel over the dates of March 6 through March 14, 2020. The workshop is being held March 10-12, 2020. Bookings can be made directly on the hotel's website.
The cut-off date for the nightly rate of $159.00+ is February 17, 2020 and reservation requests after this cut-off date are subjected to availability at the prevailing rate.
Complimentary shuttle service is provided by the hotel to/from RDU International Airport from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Registration Fees and Policies
REGISTRATION IS “PER PERSON”
Early Bird Registration (by Monday, February 17, 2020)
• $675 - ACC members; airport employees; and those working for local, state, and federal government agencies
• $875 - Non-members
Regular Registration (after Monday, February 17, 2020)
• $725 - ACC members; airport employees; and those working for local, state, and federal government agencies
• $925 - Non-members
PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEES
Registration fee payments must be received when registering for this workshop. For those submitting a check for payment of their registration fee, payment must be received by ACC not later than 12:00 noon EST on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 for payment processing and release of the registration for workshop participation in Raleigh.
REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY
Refunds will be issued in full for registration cancellations received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon EST on Monday, March 2, 2020. Cancellations received after 12:00 noon EST on Monday, March 2, 2020 will receive a refund minus 50% of the registration fee.
TRANSFER OF REGISTRATION
Requests for transfer of registrations from one individual to another must be received in writing at email@example.com by 12:00 noon EST on Monday, March 2, 2020.
The 2020 ACC Airfield Pavement Design, Evaluation & Analysis Workshop will provide eligible attendees with 18 PDH credits.
Participant Criteria to Earn PDH Credits
Participants are responsible for meeting all the following criteria to earn accreditation credits for this ACC workshop:
• Be a paid and registered participant for the entire workshop program;
• Attend for the fentire three-day duration of the workshop (credits are not issued for partial attendance); and
• Complete/submit no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, March 27, 2020 the ACC evaluation survey.
Fee for Failing to Meet Accreditation Criteria
ACC must adhere to strict standards as a registered and approved continuing education provider. As such, ACC will request a $50 processing fee and signed accreditation affidavit to issue credits to participants failing to meet the above accreditation criteria and deadlines.
Receiving PDH Credits
ACC reports attendance and PDH credits for eligible participants directly to RCEP.net within 30 days of the conclusion of the workshop.
Sign-Up For the Complimentary ACC Weekly Newsletter
The ACC Weekly email newsletter distributed every Thursday highlights important aviation news and articles on COVID-19, features from aviation leaders, and updates from ACC, the FAA, TSA, and TRB among others. Click here to sign-up today.
Maximize Your Visibility as a Training Hub Sponsor!
Click here to learn how your organization can reach over 140,000 unique ACC Training Hub site visitors, more than 2,700 users, earn aviation industry recognition and receive complimentary webinar registrations for your employees as an ACC Training Hub sponsor!