ACC Online Learning
ACC YOUNG PROFESSIONALS FORUM
Join us during the 2020 ACC Virtual Annual Conference for unique sessions and events programmed for aviation young professionals. Register by November 9th.
The ACC YP Forum is a means to engage young professionals in airport development and enhance their professional careers. Targeted for industry professionals new to their aviation roles, the Young Professionals Forum is intended to provide networking, mentoring, education and career growth opportunities.
The ACC Young Professionals Forum also helps your organization invest in the growth of its young employees by providing:
• Your employees with an easy, low-cost way to network and learn with fellow peers;
• A means for young professionals to keep abreast of industry trends, gain a better understanding of the business of airport development companies, and find ways to be more successful at their jobs; and
• An opportunity for young professionals to actively contribute and become an integral part of the industry and ACC.
The ACC Young Professionals Forum will allow individuals to:
• Share information via discussions and promotions on web-based media outlets;
• Help develop ACC conference sessions and webinars;
• Engage through periodic conference calls;
• Meet at industry events, such as the ACC/AAAE Airport Planning, Design and Construction Symposium, ACC Airports Technical Workshop, or the ACC Annual Conference.
The ACC YP Forum hosts events for participation by young professionals, including:
• The Innovation Competition
• Young Professionals Webinars
• Regional Meet-Ups
• The Young Professionals Program at the ACC/AAAE Airport Planning, Design & Construction Symposium, ACC Airports Technical Workshop, and the ACC Annual Conference
ACC ANNUAL CONFERENCE EVENTS FOR YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
The 2020 ACC Annual Conference Planning Committee and Young Professional Forum leaders have designed program sessions exclusively for those new to the aviation industry. And through the generous sponsorship by C&S Companies, join us for the Young Professionals Beach Networking Reception.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH
3:30 – 4:15 p.m. EST
Young Professionals Session: Millennials Unmuted – Leveraging Age Diversity in Today’s Workplace
A workplace with Baby Boomers, Gen Xers and Millennials creates varied viewpoints and approaches to work. This can result in unique challenges, but also unique opportunities for growth and collaborative learning, especially in modern times. This session, tailored to ambitious young professionals, will cover how we can leverage Age Diversity in the workplace. We’ll introduce a panel of notable, thriving YPs and discuss how they have made themselves stand out in their respective organizations. They’ll give insight on how YOU, the YPs of aviation, can influence culture and create change! Finally, the panel will offer their views on the future for YPs within the industry.
• David J. Hunley, P.E., Vice President, Connico Inc. (Moderator)
• Rebecca Didio, C.M., Airport Planning Specialist, Planning and Environmental Division, Office of Airport Planning and Programming, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
• Anthony Barnes, Chief Operating Officer, Airport Minority Advisory Council. (AMAC)
• Scott Hill, Director of Maintenance, Houston Airport System
4:15 – 5:00 p.m. EST
Young Professionals Networking Event
Generously Sponsored by C&S Companies
Join us virtually in Clearwater Beach – bring your beachiest Zoom backgrounds, beach attire, and don’t forget your sunscreen. Multiple breakout rooms to connect with senior and entry level colleagues across the industry. Two $25 gift card raffles just for participating. One gift card for the “beachiest” attendee.
A special thanks to the following individuals for their dedication and commitment to the ACC YP Forum, and their nearly year-long hard work planning the 2020 ACC Annual Conference program:
• Chris Spaulding, C.M., Airline Liaison Office (ALO) Project Coordinator, Jacobsen|Daniels – 2020 ACC Annual Conference Planning Committee Chair
• Tom Mochty, A.A.E., AIA, AICP, ACE, Senior Vice Present - Sector Leader, Woolpert, Inc. – 2020 ACC Annual Conference Planning Committee Vice Chair / 2021 ACC Annual Conference Planning Committee Chair
• Geoffrey Ax, AIA, DBIA, LEED AP, NCARB, Principal / Aviation Market Leader, Populous – 2020 ACC Annual Conference Planning Committee
• Sri Kumar, Project Manager, Connico Inc. – 2020 ACC Annual Conference Planning Committee / 2021 ACC Annual Conference Planning Committee Vice Chair
• Richard Washington, P.E., Project Manager, Woolpert, Inc., 2020 ACC Annual Conference Planning Committee
• Olivia Kaplan, Interiors – Designer I, Populous – 2020 ACC Annual Conference Planning Committee
• Daniel Jagdmann, Manager of Data Services and Membership, Airport Consultants Council (ACC), ACC YP Forum Staff Liaison
ACC YP FAA FUNDING 101 WEBINAR - DECEMBER 3RD
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
REGISTER FOR THE 2020 ACC VIRTUAL ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Join other Young Professionals at the 2020 ACC Virtual Annual Conference. Register today!
JOIN THE ACC YP FORUM
The ACC Young Professionals Forum is intended to provide networking, mentoring, education and career growth opportunities. Join the YP Forum today!