ACC Online Learning
You can be a leader in the growing trend of communities that support more social interaction, physical fitness, and diminished crime and social problems. You can develop economically and naturally sustainable urban environments that lead to whole, happy, healthy lives for the people who live in them.
This webcast gives you the information and tools you'll need to set and reach those goals. You'll learn preferred choices of transportation, street design, and guidelines for developing walkable (non-motorized) communities. (Intermediate – 1 hour).
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• List the benefits of walking.
• Explain the differences between transit-oriented development and auto-oriented development.
• Define the guidelines for walkable communities (non-motorized options).
• Describe approaches that make streets walkable.
• Discuss mindsets and approaches.