ACC Online Learning
Storm Water Management: Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
Proper storm water management is critical to ensure safe drinking water for all of us. In addition, the EPA can levee substantial monetary fines as well as criminal prosecution for violators of EPA storm water regulations. This course will discuss the environmental impacts of storm water runoff, the NPDES storm water program, and the elements of a storm water pollution prevention plan (SWPPP). (Intermediate – 1 hour).
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify pollutant sources that may affect the quality of stormwater discharges associated with manufacturing facilities and construction activity.
• Select prevention strategies for stormwater pollution.
• Recall the federal requirements for stormwater runoff for manufacturing facilities and construction sites.
• List who is required to get NPDES permit coverage.
• Name the required element in a stormwater pollution prevention plan.
• Match the rules and responsibilities in a stormwater pollution prevention plan.