ACC Online Learning
The U.S. Green Building Council has unveiled its 4th version of the LEED certification standards known as LEED v4. In this course, we will focus on the differences between LEED v4 and its predecessor, LEED 2009. The course will cover the reasoning behind the new update as well as describe new credit categories and the changes that are to be implemented per individual credit. The course goes on to examine LEED v4 technical content and point distribution. The overall objective of the course is to take a comprehensive look at LEED v4 standards of new construction relative to previous LEED versions and come away with a good working knowledge of its new project criterions and its impact on the future of sustainable new construction. (Intermediate – 1 hour).
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• State the reason for the update.
• Recall the differences between LEED 2009 and LEED v4.
• Describe the new credit categories and the changes to be implemented per credit.
• Explain the changes to technical content in LEED v4.
• Summarize the new point distribution.
• Identify the implications of the changes.