ACC Online Learning
Although the two aspects of this topic - data centers and green design - seem almost antithetical to each other, a properly designed data center makes good use of sustainable design. With a limited amount of incremental effort, sustainable design efforts can be paired with a good working knowledge of LEED to provide a LEED-certified critical facility environment. (Fundamental – 2 hours).
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the basics of LEED and the changes from LEED v2009 to v4.
• Understand which points within LEED sensibly lend themselves to data center design and construction.
• Describe some data management and cooling strategies that help reduce energy consumption.
• Describe how to reduce a data center's impact on climate change and enhance human health.
• Understand the differences between data center construction and requirements and standard building design.
• Become familiar with the critical systems within – and integral to = data center construction, including UPS, generators, redundancy (N+1, 2N, 2N+1, etc.).