ACC Online Learning
ACC Unmanned Aerial Systems: Certification, Surveillance, and What They Mean for the Airport Sponsor On-Demand Webinar
- Registration Closed
This ACC on-demand webinar describes Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), their role in the National Airspace System (NAS), and an overview of how federally funded airports are obligated to treat UAS. UAS detection/countermeasure systems and basic law enforcement operations’ response are also discussed. Participants will learn how various grant assurances are affected by airport sponsors’ acceptance or denial of UAS operations, how to identify aeronautical versus recreational operations, and how to plan for rogue UAS operations.
At the end of this ACC on-demand webinar, participants will be able to:
• Recognize airport sponsor obligations for on-airport commercial RPV operations.
• Classify the difference in authorities for “detection” and “mitigation” systems.
• Identify basic RPV detection technologies.
• Describe current response strategies for illegal RPV use.
• Explain applications of UAS at airports.
• Analyze how to obtain permission from the FAA and the airport to safely operate a UAS.
• Ryan Dittoe, C.M., Airport Planner, Planning and Environment, Sacramento County Airport System (Moderator)
• Jeff Deitering, P.E., Airport Planning Engineer, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – Central Region
• Alicia McConnell, UAS Program Manager, Part 107 Remote Pilot, Michael Baker International
• Jim Duguay, Aviation Project Manager, Part 107 Remote Pilot, Michael Baker International
• Grant Bishop, President and CEO, Silent Falcon UAS Technologies
The registration fee is $89 and registration is per person.
EARNING PDH CREDITS
To earn PDH credits for this on-demand webinar, you will need to view the recording in its entirety, complete the brief evaluation survey, and pass the quiz with a score of 70% or better. ACC reports attendance/PDH credits to eligible participants directly to RCEP.net within 30 days of receiving notification of your passing grade.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
PARTICIPANT CRITERIA TO EARN PDH CREDITS
Participants are responsible for meeting all the following criteria to earn PDH credits for this on-demand webinar:
• Be a paid and registered participant for this training;
• View the recording and videos in their entirety (credits are not issued for partial viewing);
• Complete the evaluation survey; and
• Pass the quiz with a score of 70% or better.
RECEIVING PDH CREDITS/CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
ACC reports attendance and PDH credits for eligible participants directly to RCEP.net within 30 days of earning a 70% or better on the quiz. Participants will receive an automated email directly from RCEP/ACEC with notification of reporting of attendance/PDH credits by ACC. Participants can then log-in to their RCEP account and download/print a copy of their certificate of completion.
If the participant does not have an existing account with RCEP, one is automatically created for them when ACC reports workshop attendance/PDH credits. The automated email sent to the participant from RCEP will include details on how to log-in to their new account, along with a temporary account password.
PLEASE NOTE: ACC does not have access to the RCEP account of any participant, nor information on account passwords. Participants can visit RCEP.net, enter their work email address in the log-in, and click "Forgot Password."
If you should have any questions pertaining to the accreditation process and/or earning PDH credits, please contact email@example.com.