ACC Online Learning
ACC Sustainability and Resiliency at Airports – Leveraging LEED and Understanding PEER On-Demand Webinar
This ACC on-demand webinar by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) will provide an overview of how airport owners, operators and project teams can leverage LEED as a tool for incorporating and escalating sustainability goals. From planning, design, and construction to operations and maintenance LEED supports setting and meeting performance benchmarks for projects, buildings, or for the entire airport. Gather insight on the crucial questions necessary to identify possible improvements in energy reliability and sustainability and what new solutions are available to support change. During this program, attendees will discover how to conquer challenges that arise for airport terminal/concourse LEED projects related to security, project phases, internal people movers and high process loads. Participants will learn about integrating specific LEED credits that upon first glance do not appear likely to be applicable for an airport terminal project. The presenters will also provide an introduction to PEER, the rating system focused on energy distribution system optimization for reliability and resiliency.
At the end of this ACC on-demand webinar, participants will be able to:
• Explain how to overcome challenges that arise for airport terminal/concourse LEED projects.
• Identify how to successfully incorporate LEED credits.
• Define key questions to ask when pursuing opportunities for improvement in overall airport sustainability and energy reliability.
• Recognize how to streamline LEED project work at airports by leveraging advance approval of credits with the Campus/Master-Site Program.
• Lisa Stanley, LEED AP ID+C, Director of Technical Solutions, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
• Jamie Statter, Vice President of Strategic Accounts, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
PDH, CM and LU/HSW credits/hours are not offered for this ACC on-demand webinar. However, after viewing the on-demand webinar, participants can download a certificate of completion.