ACC Online Learning
ACC Reality Check-in: Continuing to Navigate Section 163 On-Demand Webinar
Airport development - both aeronautical or non-aeronautical – has required formal FAA review and approval. Section 163 of the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 fundamentally changed the regulatory environment for airport development projects. This provision was intended to provide U.S. airports with both flexibility and relief from federal regulatory oversight for non-aeronautical projects on non-federally obligated land. As with any new introduction, the FAA was tasked with interpretation and application and developed new oversight and approval processes.
This on-demand presentation will help sponsors and consultants alike better understand aspects that may be perceived as challenging. Section 163 still offers to substantially expedite certain airport development projects, add new flexibility, and give airports a far more competitive process for encouraging real estate development. Learn how to navigate the waters with lessons learned and best practices to assist your airport partners.
At the end of this on-demand webinar, you will be able to:
• Explain Section 163 and FAA implementation guidance - what it really “applies” to and means for airport land and development.
• Explore how Section 163 is playing out so far, including practical observations of challenges airports are experiencing with the FAA’s implementation.
• Identify solutions airports and the consulting community are using to address challenges.
• Discuss best practices consultants can draw upon to assist sponsors (and the FAA) with this process.
• Shannon Eibert, AICP, ENV SP, Senior Consultant, Aviation Planning, C&S Companies (Moderator)
• Kelly Moulton, CM, ENV SP, Director, Aviation Planning, C&S Companies
• Barbara Schalmo, AICP, Associate Director, Aviation Planning | Land Use + Economics Lead, C&S Companies
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
PARTICIPANT CRITERIA TO EARN PDH CREDITS
Participants are responsible for meeting all the following criteria to earn PDH credits for this on-demand webinar:
• Be a paid and registered participant for this training;
• View the recording in its entirety (credits are not issued for partial viewing);
• Complete the evaluation survey; and
• Pass the quiz with a score of 70% or better.
RECEIVING PDH CREDITS
ACC reports attendance and PDH credits for eligible participants directly to RCEP.net within 30 days of the passing of your quiz. Participants will receive an automated email directly from RCEP/ACEC with notification of reporting of attendance/PDH credits by ACC, and are encouraged to check their spam/junk email in-box for this communication. Participants can log-in to their RCEP account and download/print a copy of their certificate of completion. If the participant does not have an existing account with RCEP, one is automatically created for them when ACC reports attendance/PDH credits. The automated email sent to the participant from RCEP will include details on how to log-in to their new account, along with a temporary account password. PLEASE NOTE: ACC does not have access to the RCEP account of any participant, nor information on account passwords. Participants will need to contact RCEP directly at (202) 347-7474 for assistance, or can visit RCEP.net, enter their work email address in the log-in, and click "Forgot Password."
SHARING OF YOUR ON-DEMAND WEBINAR LOG-IN CREDENTIALS
The registration fee for ACC on-demand webinars is “per person.” The sharing of your log-in credentials to provide access to non-registered individuals is prohibited. Doing so will nullify the issuance of your PDH credits.
If you should have any questions pertaining to credits/hours for this webinar, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.