ACC Online Learning
ACC Perspectives from the Cockpit: A Commercial Pilot’s Terminal Area Experience On-Demand Webinar
This complimentary 60-minute ACC Young Professionals' (YP) on-demand webinar will provide an overview of navigating airports and the airspace as a commercial pilot. Frank Ketcham, MBA is an airline captain for a major U.S. carrier and performs research for The University of California, Berkeley. Mr. Ketcham will present his experience as a commercial pilot for participants during this webinar. Young professionals will be introduced to what a pilot needs to do from the gate to through cruising altitude. The program will help airport consultants with their professional judgement in airport design and reinforce the utility of their professions. Mr. Ketcham is also a researcher of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and will discuss his research and interests during the webinar.
At the end of this ACC YP on-demand webinar, participants will be able to:
• Summarize the duties of a commercial airline pilot.
• Identify air and airport navigational elements and how they are used.
• Describe the ways and with whom pilots communicate.
• Jonathan Schneider, PE, ENV SP (Co-Moderator), Transportation Analyst, VHB
• Abigail See, EIT (Co-Moderator), Civil Engineering Analyst, Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
• Frank Ketcham, MBA, Commercial Aircraft Pilot, UAS FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot, FAA Advanced Ground Instructor Rating, Airline Pilot and Commercial Aviation Specialist, University of California, Berkeley
REGISTRATION IS “PER PERSON”
The registration for ACC Young Professionals' webinars is “per person.” The sharing of webinar log-in credentials to provide access to the webinar by non-registered individuals is prohibited.
Credits/hours are not provided by ACC for this complimentary webinar. However, upon completion of the webinar, registered attendees can print a certificate of participation.