ACC Online Learning
ACC Modification of Standards (MOS): FAA Procedures and Implementation Lessons Learned On-Demand Webinar
This ACC on-demand webinar provides an overview of the FAA Modification of Standards (MOS) process, featuring presenters from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), airport management, and the consultant field. Learn the purpose of the MOS process, the importance they play on airport projects, and the potential impacts on the airport sponsor. Attendees will hear approaches to determination if a MOS is required, recommended timing for the MOS request, and the process for submitting a MOS. Learn the required level of FAA approval for different categories MOS requests, and typical timelines to expect based on the level of approval required. Presenters will discuss utilizing previously approved construction MOS (with known success) on future projects, the importance of identifying potential MOS early in the design and determining if necessary, and the importance of MOS timing for an airport.
At the end of this ACC on-demand webinar, participants will be able to:
• Summarize the possible impacts MOS (approved or rejected) have on airports and airport projects.
• Identify appropriate time during the design process to identify, evaluate and submit MOS to avoid project impacts.
• Recognize which department of the FAA can review and approve a certain MOS request.
• Describe the MOS submittal process and the required advance coordination with the FAA.
• Realize the importance of the optimal timing of MOS request to receive a response in a timely manner and not hold up design and/or construction.
• Explain the purpose of the MOS process and its importance to the sponsor.
• Cite the difference between Approval and Conditional Approval and duration of approval validity.
• Brian Tenkhoff, P.E., Manager of Engineering and Construction, Memphis International Airport
• David Sparkes, P.E., Senior Project Manager – Aviation, Kimley-Horn and Associates
• Harold Honey, P.E., PMP, Senior Airfield Pavement Engineer, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
• Nathan Luce, P.E., Director of Procurement, Memphis International Airport
The registration fee is $89 and registration is per person. Participants will have 30 days from registration to complete this webinar.
EARNING PDH CREDITS
To earn PDH credits for this on-demand webinar, you will need to view the recording in its entirety, complete the brief evaluation survey, and pass the quiz with a score of 70% or better. ACC reports attendance/PDH credits to eligible participants directly to RCEP.net within 30 days of receiving notification of your passing grade.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
PARTICIPANT CRITERIA TO EARN PDH CREDITS
Participants are responsible for meeting all the following criteria to earn PDH credits for this on-demand webinar:
• Be a paid and registered participant for this training;
• View the recording in its entirety (credits are not issued for partial viewing);
• Complete the evaluation survey; and
• Pass the quiz with a score of 70% or better.
RECEIVING PDH CREDITS
ACC reports attendance and PDH credits for eligible participants directly to RCEP.net within 30 days of the passing of your quiz for this on-demand webinar. Participants will receive an automated email directly from RCEP/ACEC with notification of reporting of attendance/PDH credits by ACC, and are encouraged to check their spam/junk email in-box for this communication. Participants can log-in to their RCEP account and download/print a copy of their certificate of completion. If the participant does not have an existing account with RCEP, one is automatically created for them when ACC reports on-demand webinar attendance/PDH credits. The automated email sent to the participant from RCEP will include details on how to log-in to their new account, along with a temporary account password. PLEASE NOTE: ACC does not have access to the RCEP account of any participant, nor information on account passwords. Participants will need to contact RCEP directly at (202) 347-7474 for assistance, or can visit RCEP.net, enter their work email address in the log-in, and click "Forgot Password."
SHARING OF YOUR ON-DEMAND WEBINAR LOG-IN CREDENTIALS OR PROVIDING VIEWING TO NON-REGISTRANTS
The registration fee for ACC on-demand webinars is “per person.” The sharing of your log-in credentials or viewing of the on-demand webinar by non-registered individuals is prohibited. Doing so will nullify the issuance of your PDH credits.
If you should have any questions pertaining to credits for this webinar, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.