ACC Online Learning
ACC Enhancing Airport Wayfinding for Aging Travelers and Persons with Disabilities On-Demand Webinar
This 90-minute ACC on-demand webinar will engage participants to understand the user, and equip them with the WHO, WHAT, WHY and HOW to assist aging travelers and persons with disabilities to travel independently within airports using technology and pedestrian wayfinding systems. This program will reference the latest research published in October 2017 from the “ACRP Report 177: Enhancing Airport Wayfinding for Aging Travelers and Persons with Disabilities.”
At the end of this ACC on-demand webinar, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the need for creating an airport environment where aging travelers and persons with disabilities can travel independently.
• Summarize how the principles of universal design support independent travel at airports.
• Use the ACRP Research Report 177 wayfinding accessibility audit checklist to evaluate airport operations, designs and plans.
• Compare how the different disabilities affect each journey segment for departing, arriving and connecting customers.
• Describe how airport technology supports independent travel for persons with disabilities and aging travelers.
• Apply the criteria in ACRP 177 – Section 8.3 to meet mobile application guidelines defined by ADA 508 and WCAG.
• James R. Harding, Jr. SEGD, Principal, Director of Environmental Graphics, Gresham, Smith and Partners
• Mark D.K. Adams, RCDD/NTS, Principal Systems Manager, Burns Engineering, Inc.
SAVE 20% ON TEN (10) ACC ON-DEMAND WEBINARS
Save 20% when purchasing the ACC On-Demand Webinars Discount Package, featuring ten (10) ACC on-demand webinars.
PDH, CM and LU credits/hours are not offered for this ACC on-demand webinar. However, after viewing the on-demand webinar, participants can download a certificate of completion.
Mark D.K. Adams, RCDD/NTS
Principal Systems Manager, Burns Engineering, Inc.
Mark D.K. Adams, RCDD/NTS, is the Principal Systems Manager with Burns Engineering, Inc. Mr. Adams has over 27 years of experience in airport special systems design throughout the United States, and internationally in the Middle East, Central America and Asia. He has provided designs and dynamic display EVIDS, FIDS, BIDS, MUFIDS and wayfinding systems to enhance the travel experience through our airports for persons with disabilities and aging passengers. Mr. Adams has been a frequent industry speaker, addressing the technical, presentation, and ADA aspects of mobile applications, displays and the systems that provide display contents.
James Harding, Jr., SEGD
Principal, Director of Environmental Graphics, Gresham Smith
James R. Harding, Jr., SEGD, leads Gresham, Smith and Partner’s award-winning Environmental Graphic Design Group. His vast signage and wayfinding design experience is unique in the breadth of industries and project types it covers, including corporate and urban design, healthcare, land planning and aviation clients. Mr. Harding is frequently published in major industry trade journals, and was the Principal Investigator (PI) for the Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) Report 177: Enhancing Wayfinding for Aging Travelers and Persons with Disabilities. He was also the PI for ACRP Report 52: Wayfinding and Signage Guidelines for Airport Terminals and Landsides – a first-of-its-kind guidebook offering airport operators across the country with accepted best practices for terminal and roadway signage. Mr. Harding was a contributing author to ACRP Report 161: Guidelines for Improving Airport Services for International Customers. Airport wayfinding projects include ATL, CLT, DEN, DFW, FLL, PHL, SFO, TPA and numerous others.