ACC Online Learning
ACC Discussion of COVID Impacts to Landside Operations Live Webinar
Includes a Live Event on 10/13/2020 at 1:00 PM (EDT)
This is a 90-minute webinar will provide an overview of the challenges to landside operations presented by the current pandemic and how various stakeholders are working to address them and planning for a return to full operations. Passenger ground transportation, rental car concessions and parking operations have all had to make changes in how they serve passengers in today’s environment. In many cases, these processes have been developed on the fly with great success. This open discussion webinar will examine how various stakeholders evolved their business practices to address the impacts of COVID.
Speakers - representatives from airport operations, the design/consultant community, and ground transportation operators - will discuss case studies, lessons learned and innovations from all aspects of airport landside operations. The webinar will focus on both improving the passenger experience and recovering landside revenue. In addition to lessons learned, speakers will discuss their views on how the future will be affected as we work to return to normal operations.
At the end of this ACC webinar, participants will be able to:
• Identify how various stakeholders have evolved their operations to be more efficient in the COVID environment.
• Explain how their landside operations may benefit from similar approaches in the “new normal” for improved passenger satisfaction and additional revenue generation.
• Apply innovative solutions to help improve their own operations.
• Describe the unique challenges COVID presents to both airports and ground transportation operators.
• Forrest Swonsen, Vice President of Airport Systems and Services, TransCore
• Michael S. Huggins, CM, Senior Landside Operations Manager, Port of Portland PDX
• Chuck Reedstrum, CAPP, Senior Associate, Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
• Mary S. Smith, Senior Vice President, WALKER Consultants
REGISTRATION IS “PER PERSON”
The registration fee for ACC live webinars is “per person.” The sharing of webinar log-in credentials to provide access to the webinar by non-registered/paid individuals is prohibited.
Credits/hours are not provided by ACC for this webinar. However, participants who register and attend can download/print a certificate of completion in their ACC Training Hub user account Dashboard after completion of the webinar evaluation survey.
PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEES
Registration fee payments must be received when registering for the webinar. For those submitting a check for payment of their registration fee, payment must be received by ACC not later than 24 hours prior to the start of the webinar for payment processing and release of registration for webinar participation.
REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY
Refunds will be issued in full for registration cancellations received in writing at email@example.com up to three (3) business days prior to the start of the webinar. Cancellations made less than three (3) business days from the start of the webinar will receive a refund minus 50% of the registration fee or the registration can be applied to a future ACC webinar within six months.