ACC Online Learning
ACC Complimentary Lunch & Learn Webinar - Improving Winter Airfield Operations with Centralized Deicing Facilities
- Registration Closed
Airport operators are realizing winter operations improvements after constructing a centralized deicing facility (CDF). A CDF provides air traffic controllers and airlines a dedicated location on the airfield for safe, efficient, and environmentally friendly aircraft deicing operations. This complimentary Lunch & Learn webinar discusses the planning and design considerations when an airport operator prepares for a deicing facility.
A CDF may be planned and designed while considering four key elements: (1) siting and geometry,; (2) glycol distribution and collection; (3) environmental friendliness; and (4) smart pad technology. The presenters in this webinar will discuss these elements in further detail, providing their background on several large CDF projects in recent years.
At the end of this ACC Lunch & Learn webinar, participants will be able to:
• Identify the key components to layout the geometry of a CDF.
• Summarize the glycol distribution and collection systems on a CDF.
• Explain the considerations for management of glycol on a CDF.
• Recognize how technology can enhance efficiency at a CDF.
• Tony Esposito, P.E., Project Manager, Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
• Nate Lemon, P.E., Project Manager, Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
• Tim Arendt, P.E., Senior Vice President, Gresham Smith
• Michael Hume, Vice President, Business Development, JCAII
REGISTRATION IS “PER PERSON”
The complimentary registration for ACC Lunch & Learn webinars is “per person" and includes access to the webinar program and presentation handouts.
THANK YOU TO THE LUNCH & LEARN WEBINAR SPONSORS
ACC extends a special thank you to Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.; Gresham Smith; and JCAII for generously sponsoring this complimentary Lunch & Learn webinar.